Saturday, September 8, 2012

Its been so long...



I did finish the Steel Blue Night Gown from Star Wars Episode III, Revenge of the Sith

 I found a beautiful lavender/blue/steel color medium weight fabric
 Perfect silver "pearls" for the "sleeves"


 Waterfall draping in the back with pearl clip weights
 Heirloom stitching down the seams of the dress
Hand crafted brooch and Jappor Snippett with sculpy clay

I hand drape and draft the pattern.
The cutting, sewing (heirloom stitching) and draping of the dress takes about 8 hours total.
Beading of the sleeves - 3 hours
Jappor snippet; sculpt, bake, polish, paint - 4 hours
Brooch; sculpt, bake, polish, paint - 5 hours
Headband; sculpt, bake, polish, pain - 4 hours

The dress is done in a total of about 6 weeks (ordering supplies, construction, etc.)






Thursday, March 15, 2012

Padme Fireside Brooch - Almost done

Hand beaded... everyone of them, sewn on by hand.... (fingers screaming). lol. Here are pictures of the completed brooch without the band. I am almost done beading the band.



Endor Poncho for Princess Leia

Here are pictures of my interpretation of the Poncho Princess Leia wore on Endor in Return of the Jedi.
I didn't put the slits in the front because I was unsure of how it was going to sit on the person who commissioned it or how wide the belt would be.





Friday, February 10, 2012

Half Done

So
I have the base down for the Black Escape from Episode I. I still need to screen print the Naboo symbols on the skirt, make the holes bigger in the crochet top and skirt, make the "jacket" and put the beaded strip down the back if the skirt.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Monday, January 23, 2012

Friday, January 13, 2012

What an HONOR!

My daughter and I received and email from LucasFilms asking us to be on their contact list for costume appearances for the release of Star Wars Episode I 3 D release this February! Yay! How exciting!

I will be making the Black Invasion/Decoy/escape gown for my daughter for this honor. ;)

After Many Hurdles! Flame Handmaiden is finished. :D

After, moving, emergency room visit with my daughter, Christmas, emergency room visit for me (a rogue X-acto knife accident), Major car accident ANNNDD family sickness... Flame Handmaiden is DONE!

Here are the pictures of her...






I drafted a custom pattern for the hood, inner hood and sleeves. The sleeves are lined with satin lining. I hand piece Ombre dyed the costume three colors. The sleeves and inner hood are of synthetic red fabric with a very nice drape. I hand dyed and hand stitched the red lace on the inner sleeves.

Because the outfit is made of a semi-high pile of velvet, I hand stitched the seams around the outer hood.

The outfit is layered. The under layer is the dress with sleeves attached, then the inner hood, the outer hood which is actually kind of a smock that goes over the dress, then finally the red sash. The sash I applied Velcro to adjust the width then the end is tucked in to give a drape look.